Recombee Admin UI is available at admin.recombee.com.
- On registration an Organization is created for your company.
- An Organization can contain multiple Databases, each with separate data and recommendation models.
- Two Databases are created on registration - one for development purposes and one for production usage.
The interface consists of multiple sections:
Place for pinning the widgets that are the most important for you, so you see them right after logging in.
Use the star symbol for pinning.
- Items and Users
- Catalog of the items and users that are contained in the Recombee database with their properties.
- Product Feed
- Section for setting a product feed, which can be used for synchronizing the items to Recombee
- Section for getting API identifier & tokens for connecting to the Recombee API and managing access to the Database (Manage Access button).
Invites & Access Levels¶
Colleagues can be invited to the whole Organization or just particular Database (use the Manage Access button in Settings).
A level of access can be set:
Access to Database¶
- Can view the Database (see KPI, Items & Users, Scenarios ...) but cannot change any settings
- Cannot see the API tokens for manipulating the Database
- Can make changes to the Database
- Can see the API tokens for manipulating the Database
Access to Organization¶
- Can view all the Databases in the Organizations but cannot change any settings
- Cannot see the API tokens of these Databases
- Can make changes to all the Databases in the Organizations
- Can see the API tokens for manipulating these Databases
- Can see and change the billing info of the Organization.
Success metrics in KPI¶
You can see in the KPI how many clicks / purchases / bookmarks etc. was based on the recommendations.
For each of the metrics there are estimated and reported values.
- Estimates are based on a time window: If an item is recommended to a user, and this user subsequently interacts with that item within a time window, it is considered a successful recommendation
- These metrics don’t need any implementation and usually give reasonable estimates of the success. However, they don’t work for example in case of emailing (users look at the recommendations usually hours later, so their clicks are not counted as they are out of the the time window) or at sites where items can be easily found by different means than recommendations. In these cases explicit reporting of recommendations’ success is a must.
- Successful recommendations explicitly reported to Recombee.
- Each recommendation request returns a unique recommId (e.g. 3f6ad2f2-a3f1-4ba1-a690-f4f01f76d4eb) that can be passed to recommId parameter of an interaction (Detail View, Purchase etc.) in order to mark that interaction as based on recommendation.
- When properly integrated, the reported metrics should give you exact numbers about successful recommendations.
- Therefore we suggest to implement sending of recommId in interactions whenever possible.